Tourism and Hospitality Building Cork Institute of Technology Bishopstown Campus Rossa Avenue Cork, Co. Cork Ireland
The Bishopstown Campus spans around 80 acres and is situated at Rossa Avenue, about 3 miles (5km) west of Cork City Centre. Ireland’s leading business innovation hub, The Rubicon Centre is located on campus and is home to 57 knowledge based start-up companies. The Nimbus Centre at CIT is Ireland’s largest research centre devoted to embedded electronic systems and the ‘Internet of Things’ which also forms part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem on campus.
To get to Bishopstown Campus:
- From City Centre: go west by taking Washington St. as far as Victoria Cross, where you take the left road heading up to Dennehys Cross. At the Dennehy’s Cross traffic lights, you take the right turn onto Model Farm Road. Approximately 1.5 km out Model Farm Rd. take a left turn on to Rossa Avenue and, after 300 m, enter the CIT campus from the roundabout.
- From Cork Airport: Travel towards the city as far as the Kinsale Road Roundabout & Flyover, where you take a left (westwards). Pass the Sarsfield Road Roundabout and arrive at the Bandon Road Roundabout (Dunnes Stores on your left). Here, take the last exit (to Bishopstown) and at the following traffic lights turn left onto Hawkes’ Road. Take the left at the top of Hawkes’ Road onto Curraheen Road, and then the right turn onto Melbourn Road. Continue to the next Roundabout and enter the CIT Campus.
- From Dublin: Pass through the Jack Lynch Lee Tunnel and continue on the South Ring Road past Douglas, Kinsale Road Flyover, Sarsfield Road Roundabout and arrive at the Bandon Road Roundabout (Dunnes Stores on your left). Here, take the last exit (to Bishopstown) and at the following traffic lights turn left onto Hawkes’ Road. Take the left at the top of Hawkes’ Road onto Curraheen Road, and then the right turn onto Melbourn Road. Continue to the next Roundabout and enter the CIT Campus.
There are multiple bus lines, served by Bus Eireann, which connect the City Centre with the Bishopstown Area, the most advisable of which is the 205, linking the campus with both the Rail and the Bus station. Bus 219 services the south side of the city, while 201 links the campus with the north side of town.
There are several taxi companies servicing Cork and Cork Airport.
Conference Accommodation Venues
The Kingsley Hotel
Victoria Cross, Cork
Located just a 30 minute walk from Cork City, The Kingsley is easily accessible by many routes.
Directions from Cork Airport by car:
Upon leaving the airport, At the roundabout which joins the main road, take the 1st exit onto N27, follow the road down through numerous traffic lights until you reach the exit for the South Ring. Here turn left onto the ramp toN25/Cuarbhóthar (Thior)/South Ring (West)/N22/N71, merge onto the N40 and take the exit toward Sarsfield Road Roundabout. At Sarsfield Road Roundabout, take the3rd exit onto Sarsfield Road/N71/R849 and after a while a sharp left onto Carrigrohane Road/N22, The Kingsley will be on the right.
Directions by Train:
If you are arriving to Cork by train, follow the N8 to Patrick’s Quay and continue to Camden Place. Continue to travel to Camden Quay, then Popes Quay, making your way towards the North Mall. When you reach the North Mall, turn left onto Western Road which you can follow until you reach the Carrigrohane Road where you will find The Kingsley hotel on your right.
Alternatively, you can take the 205 bus directly from Kent Station which will bring you as far as University College Cork which is only a short distance from The Kingsley.
Accessible by Bus Route:
The Kingsley can be accessed by taking the 208 bus from Patrick’s Street in the city centre and travelling as far as Dennehy’s Cross.
From here, it is just a short walk to The Kingsley. Alternatively, you can take the 232 Bus from the Bus Station in the city centre which will bring you directly to the County Hall stop, which is directly across from The Kingsley.
The Lancaster Lodge and The River Lee Hotel
Western Road, Cork
From the Train Station
- Walk – It is 25/30 minute walk from the train station to Lancaster Lodge.
- Bus – Western Road is on the 205 bus route
- 205 from Kent Train Station – Western Road/UCC bus stop
- Taxi – There is a taxi rank at the Train station and the fare is approx. €10 – €12
From the Bus Station
- Walk – It is 15 minute walk from the Bus Station to Lancaster Lodge
- Bus – Lancaster Lodge is on the 208 bus route
- 208 from Bus station/City Centre – Western Road/UCC bus stop
- Taxi – There is a taxi rank at the Bus station and the fare is approx. €8 – €10
From the Airport
- Bus – From Cork Airport you can reach Cork City Centre, Bus Station and Kent Train Station by travelling on Bus Éireann’s Coach service (route 226A).
- Route 226A Cork Airport / Cork City Centre / Cork Kent Railway Station
- Route 226 Cork City Centre / Cork Airport / Kinsale
- Taxi – There is a taxi rank at the Airport and the fare to Western Road is approx. 20€